Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mexican dinners

The Mexican food section at an ASDA
Last night we had a few young people over for dinner and fixed Mexican food.  (It is the third time we have done so.)  I prepared chicken fajitas and refried beans and served it wish sour cream, salsa, lime, lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and rice.  They loved it!   I am thankful I brought taco seasoning, chili powder, and Montreal steak seasoning from home.  Mexican food is available in the supermarkets in the International Foods section as you can see, but everything I have see it a kit for a dinner, not a package of seasoning.  We have not bought the tortillas in this section.  In the bread section of ASDAs they have wonderful fresh tortillas in four varieties:  white flour, white/whole wheat mix, whole wheat, and white flour/cornmeal mix. 

1 comment:

  1. ...and Mexican is one of our staples here, at least it is at my house.

    ReplyDelete